Indoor Air Quality
- Maintenance Program
We’re Proud to Be An NV Energy Powershift Partner
You might not realize it, but around 50% of your energy bills goes to keeping your home cooled down or warmed up. It’s easy for these bills to rise unnecessarily. That’s why NV Energy developed its PowerShift program: to help you conserve energy and lower your power bills around the year. PowerShift is a one-stop location for energy efficiency solutions, and it’s convenient and easy: contact a PowerShift energy advisor and ask about their products and services.
Lee AC & Heating Services is a partner and NV Energy PowerShift energy advisor, offering cost-saving and energy friendly products such as advanced smart thermostats, LED lighting, residential air conditioning rebates, and complete energy assessments. We’re always looking for ways to lower your utility bills and put money back in your pocket—that’s why the shift is on!
Get an Energy Assessment / Energy Audit Today
An energy assessment/energy audit is a thorough inspection of your home to find how efficiently it uses energy. A home can easily lose and gain heat through leaks in its thermal envelope, as well as through ineffective appliances and a damaged ventilation system. When you contact us to arrange for an energy assessment, we’ll send one of our expert energy advisors to conduct a walkthrough of your building and then provide recommendations for how you can reduce your energy use, such as sealing ducts and improving insulation.
Learn More about Smart Thermostat Technology
One the most impressive advances in home comfort technology is the smart Wi–Fi thermostat. What makes these thermostats "smart" is that they learn from the habits of homeowners, and then use this data to create custom heating and cooling schedules that maximize both efficiency and comfort.
Smart thermostats have additional features that benefit homes, such as reports on energy savings and tips for improving home performance. The Wi–Fi connection allows people to control the thermostats through an app on a phone, tablet, or computer—and that means access from all across the country. Our team is glad to share information about Wi–Fi smart thermostats with you. When you enroll in NV Energy PowerShift’s smart thermostat service, you’ll lower energy costs while helping the community cut down on energy use during peak periods.
Tips for Saving Energy
There are many ways to save money. Some don’t cost you anything, while others require an investment that will pay off later—which the savings will offset. Here are recommendations from NV Energy and our own specialists:
- Turn off lights and appliances when not in use.
- Set the thermostat to 78°–80°F during warm months when you’re home, and raise it by 5°–10° when you’re gone. In the cold months, switch to 68°F when you’re home, and then lower it to 55°–68°F at other times.
- Use LED lights in place of standard incandescent bulbs. LED lights last longer and use a fraction of the electricity. Making the change to LED is one of the fastest ways to lower electrical bills and provide other long–term benefits.
- Schedule regular maintenance for your HVAC system to keep the AC and heater clean and running at top efficiency.
- Install floor and ceiling insulation with a minimum R–value of 30–38 in the attic. This is helpful in Nevada’s sunny weather to prevent heat in the attic from seeping down into the rest of the house.
If you live in Las Vegas, NV or the surrounding areas, take advantage of the NV PowerShift program and call Lee AC & Heating Services today.